Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Version of Cafe Heaven

Along with school, I have just started working part-time at a darling little cafe called Crema.  Situated in the middle of Harvard Square, Crema was opened just over a year ago by two fresh-out-of-college girls, Marley and Liza, who fell in love with the cafe culture while studying abroad in Paris.  

Their concept to me is absolutely genius.  The described how they wanted to create a "third place" for people; a place between work and home where you can feel relaxed and comfortable, yet connected to the community at the same time.  

For those of you who know me well, I am an avid coffee shop connoisseur.  For me, it's not just a cup of coffee I seek, but a full experience.  I consider it my own personal indulgence to spend an hour or more at a quaint coffee shop with my i-pod, a journal, and a book (or dare I admit it, an Us Weekly) in tow.  I can't quite describe the way that a good coffee shop brings me immediate pleasure and calm while only spending a couple of dollars.  Yes, a Starbucks will suffice if I have no other alternatives, but I much prefer an independently run establishment with a bit more character, charm, and originality.  It also gets bonus points if I can see the owner behind the counter.  

Crema meets all the standards above, and I am thrilled to be on the other side of the counter for the first time to see how such a successful and growing business like this one operates.  

Mangia bene, stare bene,
Molly


1 comment:

  1. NEED EMAIL UPDATE ASAP of this tres adorable place and your new employment! I am oh so jealous!

    ReplyDelete